1. I love the message Jessica presents in this video. If we all did something about our convictions, like she did, we might make a bigger difference than we think. We might not have the exact same standards but the issue is well-presented.
2. And back to Inspired to Action for an thought-provoking article when we are tempted to compare. God put you exactly where He wanted you!
3. To Love, Honor, and Vacuum had an excellent article about following your passion in work. "If you want to create a career for yourself, you have to first think, “what is my audience thirsty for?” Then fill that void."
4. And thank you, Psychology Today, for this article about why French kids don't have ADHD. Not sure you want to read it? This will sum it up for you.
As a therapist who works with children, it makes perfect sense to me that French children don't need medications to control their behavior because they learn self-control early in their lives. The children grow up in families in which the rules are well-understood, and a clear family hierarchy is firmly in place. In French families, as Druckerman describes them, parents are firmly in charge of their kids—instead of the American family style, in which the situation is all too often vice versa.
5. And in light of the Supreme Court's decision, here's how I feel about this. And I even refrained from sharing this on Facebook. Be warned, you should avoid the comments below the article.
And now the pictures!
We went to some friends so Micah could go swimming on Sunday. Kevin showed his adorableness while napping! Seriously....cutest baby ever!
Mary Poppins is still the favorite movie. Here are a few different ways we watch it!
Jelly is the favorite food right now. You lick it off before you eat the bread.
I have no words for this! hahahaha Life with kids is so fun!
First garden produce!
We can scatter toys like nobody's business. Big brother might have helped a little.
We had chimichangas this week and I made one, actually two, for Micah. He devoured them like he had never seen food before. Score!