Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Reading Program...Again!

I enjoyed my pregnancy reading program so much that I'm doing another one! Well, really, this is more of a year-long educational venture. I may be done with school but I'm not done learning. My parents gave me some money for Christmas and I bought ten books.


Some of them aren't pictured here because they haven't arrived yet. You'll hear more about them later. You'll probably be hearing quite a bit about all of them. I will also try to put up a list of my selected reading for this year. But I will be constantly adding to it because I check ereadergirl.com every day and they frequently have good selections.


The first book I started was Large Family Logistics. And I love it! It is seriously an amazing book and I think everyone should read it even if they only have one child. The first half of the book talks about who the mom is supposed to be in Christ and the second half focuses on how to run your home. Homemaking 101, let's say. Now, I have a totally different cleaning schedule that works for me right now and I'm not going to mess with it. But there are several things from her book that I do plan on incorporating.

1. I've started reading Psalm and the Gospels to the boys over breakfast. It's a great time when they are both being still anyway!

2. I'm going to start including "deep cleaning time" for 15-20 minutes every afternoon. (Or most afternoons). I've mentioned before that I've struggled with monthly/yearly cleaning tasks and this is the best approach I've seen so far. I need to start a list of tasks that need to be done before I can begin.

3. I'm going to make a set day(s) to do extra kitchen work. You know, bread, desserts, granola bars, freezer cooking, etc. Most of these only take small pockets of time throughout the day and I can work it in around what we are already doing.

4. And I'm going to set aside some hour somewhere in the week to work on my blog posts instead of fitting them in whenever I can. I haven't settled down the particulars of this one yet.

I could go on and on about how much I love this book but I won't. Instead I suggest you buy it. And then read it! That usually helps. Oh, did I mention she has 9 kids? And homeschools? And lives on a farm? Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment