Monday, January 14, 2013

Pinterest Meals

I have a new favorite food. Ask my husband. I get ridiculously excited when this meal is on my menu and frequently move it to, oh the night after I go grocery shopping! haha  What is this delicious meal, you ask? Ham and cheese sliders on Hawaiian rolls. 


They have an amazing sauce! I was concerned about this the first time I made them because I hate soggy bread. But it doesn't make the bread soggy; it makes it crispy and yummy! 

You can find the recipe I pinned here although the blogger says she found the recipe on Pinterest as well. I did make a few (very) minor modifications so I'm going to write out the recipe for you. 

1 stick butter
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
2 tbsp. worchestershire sauce
1 pack Hawaiian rolls
3/4 pound honey ham
6 slices provolone

Melt butter in skillet over medium low heat. Add chopped onion and cook until onion is tender. Add mustard and worchestershire sauce and cook another three minutes. Turn the heat down if you  need to so you don't burn the onions. 

Line a 9*13 pan with aluminium foil. Leave enough on one side to cover the top of the rolls. 

Split the entire pack of rolls in half horizontally to make one big sandwich. (After they have cooked you can cut the individual rolls). Pour half of the sauce over the bottom layer of bread. Top with ham and cheese. Place top half of rolls over cheese. Spread the remainder of the sauce over the rolls and cover loosely with aluminium foil. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let cool for five minutes and then divide by cutting along the individual rolls. 

Seriously, these are way more amazing than I would have guessed. My brother said he would prefer them without the onions and mustard in the sauce and I told him I would just make him a ham sandwich! I always have to refrain from eating the whole pan; I might have eaten seven of the individual rolls one time however. I'd make a bad dieter!

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment