Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday Favorites

I love pianos. I love piano music. I love to play the piano (although sometimes it's very frustrating.) If we ever add on to our house I dream of a room with huge windows, built-in bookcases, a comfy couch, and a baby grand piano! A girl can dream, right?? 

photo courtesy of salvatore vuono/freedigitalphotos.net

I'm not quite at the three songs a week in my technique book to finish it by August but I am making steady progress through my book. And I'm working on my scales book too. It's very helpful. 

Thankfully, I don't expect significant changes day by day. But I do year by year. Just pushing through practice some days will pay off in the long run! It's nice to have something to work on for personal growth too. I finally admitted this year that I do intend to become a good pianist. 

What's something you're passionate about? I told Justin that I want to really concentrate on learning three things over my life. My Bible and how it applies to life, piano, and cooking. (And if I picked a fourth it would be writing.) We had a great discussion on what we really wanted to learn in life. We really need to have some direction to not waste our time aimlessly working on random things. 

Have you ever considered defining a focal point for your learning? 

No comments:

Post a Comment