Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Favorites

As I read I keep lists of books that I want to read in the future. Often I like to look at lists of books that other people recommend and try some of those. I saw this book on a list and was skeptical about the title. However I respected the listmaker and when I found the Kindle edition for $1.99 I couldn't resist. And am I ever glad I didn't! 


"Don't Make Me Count to Three!" has nothing to do with counting to three or time-out. But it has everything to do with not only teaching your children what-not-to-do but also what TO DO.  I completely changed several things that I do with Micah and I could see the difference in only a few days. 

I don't intend for this to be a review for the book so suffice it to say that I LOVE it. It will be reread frequently and I will be buying this book for my close friends that have children and recommending it to everyone else. 


(Am I the only person that really prefers to have a hard copy of the book instead of the Kindle version? I love being able to hold the book, see it on a bookshelf, mark in it, and all that crazy stuff book lovers do. And yes, I know there are benefits to the Kindle. They are cheaper and I can take a whole bunch with me and only have my iPad. So I buy them, but I would still rather have a paper copy. I'm weird, old-school, whatever. I love books.)

Oh, and I was in no way compensated for this review. Ginger Plowman has no idea who I am. I just loved the book and wanted to share. :) 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds great! I'm going to have to check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Let me know what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete