Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Early K-3

I said a few weeks ago that we (Micah and I) were in unofficial school. And I really meant unofficial. I never call it "school" to Micah. I want him to think that learning is fun and normal, not shoved into a small corner of time called "school." However despite all that I did put some supplies in a basket. (Actually, it was linen bin I had in Kevin's closet.)

The Contents


We have our Bible story book and our "God Made the World" book in our basket. We read through this storybook when Micah was little but haven't use it for a while. He loves the other book. 




There are three number books. He especially likes "Ned's Number Book." It's very cute. And old. 



We have four alphabet books. He really enjoys them all but especially the big flip book at the bottom. 



Our Bible principle notebook that I made (and haven't finished- need some applicable stickers.)



A coloring book and a tracing workbook. We'll probably start "tracing" with our finger to begin with. 


I stuck two little books for Kevin in there. Micah loved the Mommy book when he was little and he really enjoys "The Hungry Caterpillar." We just bought it for Kevin.




Two little sets of flashcards. This is how I know Micah knows his colors :) 


And a color/shapes puzzle and an alphabet puzzle that we haven't really used yet. 

We don't work out of it every day but we read the number and alphabet books almost every day. He really enjoys reading so it's a fun way to teach him! We'll gradually add in more work with some of the other materials as we progress. 

The bin sits by the couch so it's easy to pick something out of it when we're reading and he frequently looks through it when the boys are playing. I like having it in the bin instead of the bottom of the bookcase because really, who wants to sit on the hard floor to read? Although it might help me stay awake...

No comments:

Post a Comment