Sunday, July 29, 2012

Wise Quotes

Remember how I told you I was working on my reading program before Kevin gets here? I've been learning some great stuff. Now if I can just retain it all. Or even most of it! I thought I would share this quote with you.

"If you teach your children God's words when you sit, stand, lie down, and rise up, there will be very little time you aren't teaching them one way or another." Marlene Evans.

That statement is based off of Deuteronomy 6:6-7. That compels me to think one of the most important things I can do is teach my children my Bible. Am I speaking the Bible to my children? Am I connected enough with God to see Him in every part of my life? If I am not close to God, I cannot show Him to these children He has entrusted me with. What a great challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment