Monday, July 16, 2012

Salisbury Steak

My husband shared the other night when we ate this that he was concerned the first time I told him we were having salisbury steak. His only experience was with the frozen kind. I think I cured him of that mindset.

1 pound of ground meat, I prefer hamburger
1 tsp. each garlic powder, onion powder, steak seasoning
1/2 tsp. each salt, pepper, oregano, basil
2 tbsp. worchestershire sauce
1/2 pound mushrooms, slices
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
approx. 2/3 beef broth


Combine ground meat with seasonings.


Form meat into patties.


Prep mushrooms. i.e. slice!


Cook meat to desired doneness and remove from pan.


Place butter and mushrooms in pan. Cook for 3 minutes until soft.


Add flour and stir until flour is absorbed.


Add beef broth until the sauce reaches desired consistency.


Pour sauce over meat and serve.


It's yummy with mashed potatoes. I made Micah some mashed potatoes and put some of the gravy over them for him. He loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment