Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Last Pregnancy Goal

There are eight weeks until Kevin's due date. It seems the weeks are going by faster and faster as it gets closer. I mentioned the other day that I have a few things I would like to get done and that's true. Some of them I have to do (like pack a hospital bag sometime next month) but others don't really matter. You know what my main goal is? To pour as much wisdom into my heart and mind as possible before we have this boy.

How am I attempting to do this? First of all, I'm spending more time in my Bible. I harp on that a lot, don't I? But it really makes more difference than anything else I could possibly do. God is the source of all wisdom and I need all the wisdom I can get! I know that how smooth of a transition my family makes will depend a lot on me. My desire is to be so saturated with the Bible that it impacts (influences, colors, controls, you get the idea!) everything I do.

Second of all, I have a stack of 7 books I would like to read before Kevin gets here. That's one a week (with an extra week for one of them). If I don't get to all of them I'll still read more than I would have without the goal.

Third, we've been listening to sermons in the morning during breakfast and chores. Actually we've been doing this for a while and I plan to continue this. I'm so glad that my husband and the media team at church do all their work to make that available!

Proverbs 16:1 states that "The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord."  I need my heart prepared to welcome another baby, to focus on my marriage, to guide Micah in adjusting, and to handle the other stresses that will come with this wonderful change! I'm so glad that God always has what we need!

Oh, and I don't plan on stopping once Kevin is here. I have a book and possibly some cd's that I would like to buy before I have Kevin to read/listen to once he's here. Listening seems like it could come in handy then, don't you agree?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment