Monday, September 16, 2013

Making a Life

My mom brought me a book when she came up to Kevin's party. A college friend of mine wrote it (I started reading it and it's great!). Another college friend has recently moved to NYC. While I'm excited for their accomplishments it's easy to think that nothing I do is very earth-shattering. True, right? But then as the evening went on I realized something.









That nothing? It would be earth-shattering for my family if I didn't do it. 

And you know what? That's enough. Who cares if the rest of the world is impressed with me? But if I can spend the rest of my life making a difference to a small group of people? That's making a life. It's worth my time, my effort, my energy. And if at some point in my life I do something that gains the attention of others, I believe it will take second place to the quiet moments, the quiet years of living when nobody noticed. 

1 comment:

  1. So, so true, dear friend. :) It's a great something you are doing.

    ReplyDelete