Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday Favorites

This week I've been making a concerted effort to NOT be on social media or surfing my iPad during the day. Real life is here, right now. I want to be focused on my family and my home and what God has for me now. 


We had Old-Fashioned Day at church last Sunday! It's always fun; we always have Dr. Evans as our guest speaker and I look forward to hearing him all year. You can listen to the messages here





Kevin's birthday party is this Saturday. We're doing a taco bar and cupcakes and raspberry sherbet. We always pick stuff that IVA- adaptable and that a crowdpleaser for everyone. Please don't look for pinterest-worthy anything from me; not going to happen. 

We're reading through the New Testament in 30 days at church for Bible Emphasis Month. We're in John so far and it's been interesting to read through the Gospels that quickly. But September means we are gearing up for my favorite weekend of the year: Missions Conference!! 

Enjoy your weekend! We'll be cooking and celebrating Baby Kevin! 

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, it's so easy to spend a lot of time online and not really "in-life". Old-fashion Day is always so much fun! Your hair looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was super happy with how it looked that day :) Always nice. haha

      And yes, it is tempting. Always something to work on!

      Delete