Wednesday, March 13, 2013

All the Days of Her Life

Want to know my favorite thing about reading my Bible? I love how you can read something you've read many times before and see something new. The Bible really is a living Book. God can meet His children right where they are in life. 

A few days ago I was reading the Proverbs 31 passage and only got three verses in. Verse twelve says, "She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life." I had only considered that verse in the context of a lifetime commitment. ALL the days of her life. Until he or she is dead. But this time I saw it in the context of all the days. Today. Tomorrow. The next day. Next week. How am I doing my husband good today? 

Next week, next month, next year are all great times to set goals. I don't have to do anything! But when it's today I have to consider what I can do differently. How can I do my husband good today? This is a great daily marriage focus for me. It's easy for me to get wrapped up in teaching the boys and getting my work done and not intentionally focus on my husband.  But asking myself this question throughout the day refocuses me. 

So I plan on asking myself this question every day "all the days of my life." 



1 comment:

  1. Dear Lisa,

    Thank you so much for this post. It really struck my heart as well. I had never thought of that verse that way. I always look forward to reading your posts!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete