Monday, March 25, 2013

Stuffed Shells: Tomato Alfredo and Spinach

I found a stuffed shells recipe on Pinterest. Where else? But I never made it even though I bought the shells. Finally I decided I needed to use those shells. I really liked the idea of stuffing them with yummy ingredients. And it was fun! Eating them was even more fun. As much as I like cooking, I love eating more. 

1 lb. ground beef
2 cups spinach, sliced into ribbons
1 28 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce
3/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 carton ricotta cheese
1/2 cup parmesan
15 large shells
1 cup mozzarella
1 cup cheddar



Brown hamburger with my normal meat seasonings. Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, steak seasoning.  Drain grease, who wants that?  



Warm spaghetti sauce in pot. 



Add spinach to meat and cook for two minutes until wilted. 


Cook shells according to package directions, drain. Fun shaped pasta is fun. I really wanted to eat one of them like this. I love plain cooked pasta. 


Add whipping cream to spaghetti sauce. Somehow I love this much more than plain spaghetti sauce. And I can pretend that it's just as healthy. 


Add a thin layer of sauce to 8*8 pan. 


Mix hamburger mixture with ricotta and parmesan. 


Stuff the shells with hamburger/cheese mixture and arrange in pan. 


Pour the remaining sauce over the shells. 


Top with cheeses. I love cheese. Cheese is amazing. 


 Bake at 400 until cheese is brown and bubbly. 


Yum! They were cheesy and delicious! We will definitely be eating these again! Bread, salad, maybe some broccoli. I'm having a thing about broccoli right now. Specifically, this broccoli. If you don't listen to anything I say, listen to this. Go make this broccoli. Soon. Like for dinner tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment