Monday, March 11, 2013

French Bread Pizza

There are some recipes so ridiculously simple that I feel bad even posting them. But they are also amazing and we eat them a lot. And I only recently tried this. What's wrong with me?? 

Want pizza quickly? Make French bread pizza! I make my own french bread now that I found a recipe I actually like. I've tried three or four recipes and most of them are really dense but this one is delicious!  I double the recipe and freeze them. We can eat those four loaves quickly. It does appear that it does best if you let it rise as much as possible. Do the three to five times. Just pick a day when you're home and punch it down when you walk by. It really doesn't require much watching. 

Once again, this is really simple. Slice your loaf of bread in half horizontally. You can slice off some of the middle if you want your bread portion smaller.  Then cut to the size of pizza you want. This was a small one for us. I just wanted a small one for lunch one day Justin wasn't coming home. 


Layer on some spaghetti sauce. As much or little as you like. 


Add your first layer of cheese. My preference here is provolone slices but I use whatever is in the fridge. 



Add pepperoni. 



Add your favorite pizza toppings. I love pepperoni, mushrooms, spinach, and black olives on mine but this time I only did pepperoni and mushroom. 


Top with mozzarella.


Place on cookie sheet and bake at 425 until cheese is melty and browned. This will also make the bottom all crispy. Yum! 


Here's a picture of one with spinach. Seriously, so yummy!  And a quick trick for delicious pizza! 

No comments:

Post a Comment