Thursday, January 5, 2012

Oriental Chicken

Another Crock-Pot meal! I love my Crock-Pot and how easy it makes dinnertime. I found the original recipe for this in a cookbook I have and promptly changed it totally around. We loved it. I plan on trying it using chicken breast at some point instead of the dark meat.

12 chicken legs
salt and pepper
3/4 c. soy sauce
2 tbsp. garlic teriyaki (you can substitute regular teriyaki or soy sauce)
1/2 c. water
1 cube chicken bouillon
1/2 c. chopped red onion
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. garlic powder
dash red pepper flakes




Sprinkle chicken legs with salt and pepper. Place under broiler for 5-7 minutes or until skin starts to brown. Repeat on the other side.



Mix the next 9 ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer until chicken bouillon and brown sugar is melted.



Place chicken legs in Crock-Pot and pour sauce over the top. Be sure to coat all the chicken.



Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.



I served the chicken over rice with a vegetable stir-fry on the side. The chicken is so tender and just falls off the bone. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment