Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries

Potatoes are yummy but sometimes you need a change. I think this recipe originally came from Rachael Ray; man, I love her food! These fries are quick and delicious! I make them for Micah and just cut back on the cayenne!

3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fries
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. cinnamon



Season fries with oil, salt, and pepper. Spread on cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until tender.



Mix together brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over hot fries. Let sit five minutes until sugar melts.



Serve! I especially like these with chicken. You can add more cinnamon but my husband isn't crazy about sweet food, unless it's dessert. So season to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment