Monday, November 7, 2011

Easy Steak Sandwiches

I knew steak sandwiches would thrill my hubby! And I was right! He got excited as soon as he saw them on the menu :) I planned to have twice-baked potatoes with them so I didn't want to do a philly cheese steak. Too many of the same flavors at one time. So I came up with this and we loved it! Definitely a repeat!

Makes 2 sandwiches:
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. each garlic powder and onion powder
1/2 tsp. each salt, pepper, steak seasoning, and cajun seasoning
1/2 pound of sirloin steak (or comparable steak)
2 sub rolls
2/3 cup Italian blend cheese
1 cup fresh spinach




Mix seasonings in bowl or bag.



Slowly whisk in vinegar and then oil.



Slice your steak thinly and add to the marinade. Mix well. Let sit for at least 20 minutes or up to two hours.



Cook steak in a little oil over medium heat to desired doneness. (We did not eat our meat that rare. That was during cooking.)



Layer steak onto one side of the sub roll and top with cheese. Toast until cheese is melted and bread is browned.



Place spinach on the other side of the bread. Fold together and eat! The balsamic vinegar is perfect with the spinach.



Here's the complete meal! I'm getting hungry...good thing it's almost time for supper!

No comments:

Post a Comment