Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Do I Work?

Yesterday someone asked me who kept Micah during the day. I told him that I stayed home with him and his response was "Way to go! Get out of working for a while!" I wanted to laugh but, because I have manners, I didn't. :) I just smiled and went on my way.

Today Justin stayed home with Micah (and me) because I was sick. Sick enough that I slept almost the entire day. And he told me tonight that he would be happy to go hide out at work tomorrow like normal.

My husband is a hard-working man and in no way do I want to downplay how much he does for our family. But to all those people who think stay-at-home moms "get out of work" please, come swap jobs with me for a week. But don't just watch Micah. Keep the laundry washed, dried, ironed, folded, and put away. Cook all the meals, plan the menus, and go grocery shopping. Run the errands, pay the bills, update the budget. Clean the house, wash the dishes, pick up toys. Go to Toddler Time, play outside, change diapers, read books, and hold a 30 pound toddler on your hip for half the day! Work out, get dressed and looking nice every day, practice piano, go to church, and spend time with the hubby.

Then repeat every day because the work is constantly being undone. The food is eaten and has to be cooked again. The clean dishes are dirtied. The laundry is worn. Mud is tracked onto the floor. If, after that, you still want to tell me that I'm "getting out of work" go ahead! This is not a complaint. I love staying at home with my boy. I love taking care of my husband and the resources that he provides for our family. But it is work. I just happen to love it!

1 comment:

  1. Being "Mr. Mom" for the day was HARD! You're just so good at what you do that I can't keep up. Thanks for everything!!

    ReplyDelete