Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Crock-Pot Chicken

Remember that bone-in chicken breast I bought on sale? I roasted some of it but that's not always convenient. Last night I realized that we were going to be gone this morning and I needed to put food in the Crock-Pot around lunchtime. And I needed cooked chicken. So I thawed some chicken and put my Crock-Pot to good use!

3 chicken breasts (or however many you need)
seasonings- use whatever will suit the dish you're making: I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, thyme, basil, and oregano. If you are making chicken tacos use Mexican seasonings. You get the idea.
1/2 cup chicken broth

Place chicken in Crock-Pot and cover with seasonings and chicken broth. Cook on low for 8-9 hours. The chicken will fall off the bone when it's time to use it. Simple, right?

I realize I'm a day late posting but my parents surprised me yesterday and came up for a visit! It was so fun. Then Justin's office had a potluck. We ate a lot of good food there! I took twice-baked potatoes. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment