Monday, October 31, 2011

Mexican Tortagna

This meal is amazing! But I never know what to call it so I made up the word "tortagna." It's "tortilla" and "lasagna" put together :)

1 pound ground meat
taco seasoning (or spices pictures below)
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
2 cans beans (your choice)
1/4 cup chopped black olives
1 cup frozen corn
5 tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese



I use these spices instead of taco seasoning.



Brown your meat with 2 tablespoons taco seasoning.



Add enchilada sauce, tomatoes, beans, black olives, and corn.



Cook for five minutes.



Place a very thin layer of sauce in bottom of Crock-Pot.



Spoon 1/4 of the meat mixtures onto tortilla. It will spread out. Don't worry about that. Top with 1/5 of the cheese. (I know I said cheddar but since I was almost out I used mozzarella on the bottom layers.



Repeat 3 more layers. Place fifth tortilla on top and cover with the last of the cheese. We were having our meal for Sunday lunch so I made this Saturday night and refrigerated overnight. Then in the morning I popped it into the Crock-Pot base!



Cook on low for 4 hours.



Cut with a knife and dish out. It's great leftover!

No comments:

Post a Comment