Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sourdough Rolls

I love sourdough bread! But sometimes I need a little variety if I'm serving a big group of people, like at church. So the last time I made rolls instead of loaves of bread.

You can start out with the sourdough bread recipe.
When you get to the step where you roll out the dough and form the loaves, stop! That's not what we're going to do. Instead pull out small sections of the dough and roll into balls. Arrange in pans, leaving space for dough to rise.



Let rise for 30-40 minutes in a warm place. Be sure to cover your rising dough!



Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.



I tossed them into an upside-down cake server and took them to church. Then I arranged them on a cookie sheet, heated them under the broiler, and poured melted garlic butter over them!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm Mm! : ) They look delicious...I'm sure they tasted that way too!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete