Monday, July 25, 2011

Berry Trifle




I adapted this recipe from one I found in a Taste of Home cookbook. I always stayed away from trifles because I was afraid they had cream cheese in them. (I HATE cream cheese.) I've been informed that very few of them contain cream cheese so I'm hoping to overcome that reticence to make/eat trifles. I love these trifles and you can use any type of berry that you would like.

1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup cold water
1 tsp. almond extract
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups heavy whipping cream,
1 angel food cake, cut into 1 in. cubes
2 cups fresh berries

In a large bowl, beat the milk, water, and extract until blended. Add the pudding mix; whisk for two minutes. Chill in refrigerator while you whip the whipping cream to soft peaks. Fold whipped cream into pudding mixture.

Place half of the cake cubes in a trifle bowl or large serving bowl. Top with half the cream mixture and half the berries. Repeat layer, positioning top layer of berries in a pretty pattern!


No comments:

Post a Comment