Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Last Notes on Scheduling

I long to accomplish great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty and joy to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.
~Helen Keller

There may not be one thing about my schedule that works for you or your family and that’s ok! Do what works for you. Try different things and adjust. You will be adjusting your schedule your whole life through different seasons so you might as well practice some now.

People are very skeptical of schedules when you are expecting a baby. I wish I had kept a list when I was pregnant of all the things people said I would never do again. (People are such downers to pregnant ladies; don’t do it!) It involved things like fixing my hair, cooking, sleeping, going to Wal-Mart, etc. The only things I think I never do are read for hours on end and sleep until 11. And neither of those is that important so I’m ok. However, my schedule is the only reason I have time for those other things. Obviously, a lot of adjustment is necessary when you welcome a baby to your family but don’t give up hope!

And we all have days when nothing goes like it’s supposed to. Someone’s sick, the husband had a change in plans, the alarm clock didn’t go off, etc. That’s ok. Go with it. Be flexible. Do the best you can. Then start over the next day. That’s real life, people. If we wait until life’s perfect to live intentionally, we’ll get to the end of a long, imperfect life and discover we didn’t do anything that we meant to.


No comments:

Post a Comment