Monday, February 14, 2011

Our Everday Valentine

My husband made a profound statement yesterday that shocked me. Not because he doesn’t make profound statements often but because I completely disagreed with him! He said that he believes marriage problems are 100% the man’s fault because the man is to run the home and the problems fall back on him. Now you might ask what exactly I thought there was to disagree with! But I would say that marriage problems are completely the woman’s fault because she is to submit and adapt to her husband. This is one time when I will gladly disagree agreeably! If both of us keep seeing self, not the other person, as the problem then we will be just as happy 10, 15, 20 years down the road as we are now. (And we both agree that we’re pretty happy!) Sure, chocolates and jewelry are nice; flowers are beautiful and nights out make great memories. But really life is the day-to-day routine that we share.

Proverbs 15:16-17 Better is little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble therewith. Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.



No comments:

Post a Comment