Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Learning

I was reading Proverbs 9 yesterday (you can read the Proverb that corresponds to the day of the month and read the book every month) and noticed something about the two personified ladies in this chapter. "Wisdom" works. She's learned how to do different things and employs them on a regular basis for God's work. "Foolish" is ignorant. The end of verse 13 actually says "she is simple, and knoweth nothing."She is not learning anything; she's content where she is with what she's (not) doing.

My goal is to strive for God's wisdom for my life. It's easy to see that God's ladies are busy working, doing many different things with their talents. Read Proverbs 31 and list the many abilities that this lady possessed. Our Pastor has constantly told us that we need to be reading and learning or we will stagnant. So where am I growing?

1. In the Bible- I spend time in the Bible every day. I listen to my Pastor's messages when I'm at church and also from the archives online. I read good books by great Christians that push me.

2. Piano- My pastor's wife has been instrumental in teaching me to play the piano. Another lady at church has loaned me some technique books that I have started working through.

3. Cooking- I read several cooking blogs and get tips from other cooks. I try new recipes and techniques. I'm expanding even more as I'm cooking low-protein for Micah.

These are just a few areas that I'm really focusing on right now. There are other areas that are harder to label or measure, such as being a better wife and a more effective mother. I also have some longer-term goals for the next 2-5 years. I hope to learn more about gardening and putting away food. I want to learn to sew. I'd like to learn about photography as well. But if I can only grow in three areas, I want it to be the three I've listed above.

Where are you growing? Do you have a plan to keep growing or to start growing?

Photobucket>

No comments:

Post a Comment