Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fish Tacos

Fish tacos always sounded really questionable to me until I found a recipe in a magazine. It looked delicious! The only problem was that the recipe called for mayonnaise. My husband hates mayonnaise and I don't really care for it either so we don't keep any. I wasn't about to pay for mayonnaise to use for this one recipe so I just changed how the recipe was made!



Really I just included this picture because my new microplane is awesome!!! It works great and it so easy to clean. Thanks, Mom!

1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
1/2 cup milk
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 cup flour
1/2 bread crumbs
3/4 packet Ranch seasoning
flour tortillas
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 large carrot, shredded
Ranch dressing



This poor lime has been zested and juiced. But isn't it still pretty?

Thaw fish (if necessary) and slice fillets in half, lengthwise. Heat small amount of oil in pan over medium heat. Combine milk, lime juice, and cayenne pepper in a shallow plate. Combine, flour, bread crumbs, Ranch seasoning, and lime zest in another shallow plate. Cover fish in milk mixture then coat in bread crumb mixture.



Cook fish for 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy around the edges.



I had never cooked fish quite like this before so I had to taste it. That probably doesn't excuse eating a whole piece!

Slice cabbage into small shreds and shred your carrot. I laid my carrot on the cutting board and pressed down extra hard with a veggie peeler to get these pretty curls.



Warm your tortillas in the microwave. Layer fish, cabbage, carrots, and Ranch dressing on the tortilla.



Devour in three bites. These were pretty filling so we didn't have many tacos each. But the fish was so good that we went ahead and ate more of it. That's why we run out of leftovers for lunch the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment