Monday, July 13, 2015

Books I've Read This Year

Before I move on to the actual books you should know (drumroll please!) that this weekend I made a facebook page for the blog. Finally...after four years of blogging. If you're on facebook, connect with me there! https://www.facebook.com/delightingdays  Now back to the books.

Reading is how you learn- to write, to listen, to see the world from someone else's view. Because of that I've been prioritizing a little reading time this year. Mamas, I've done almost all of this reading while I've fed the baby before bed. Minutes add up!

-Beautiful in God's Eyes- Elizabeth George
-Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen
-Make It Happen- Lara Casey
-Sense and Sensibility- Jane Austen
-Great Expectations- Charles Dickens
-Growing Great Kids- Kate Battistelli
-Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte
-A Wrinkle in Time- Madeleine L'Engle
-A Wind in the Door- Madeleine L'Engle
-Out of the Silent Planet- C.S. Lewis
-Perelandra- C.S. Lewis
-A Swiftly Tilting Planet- Madeleine L'Engle
-Many Waters- Madeleine L'Engle
-Troubling a Star- Madeleine L'Engle
-Own Your Life- Sally Clarkson
-The Art of Work- Jeff Goins
-The Alchemist- Paul Coehlo

I'm reading now
-The Creative Habit- Twyla Tharp
-On Writing Well- Williams Zinsser
-A Tale of Two Cities- Charles Dickens

Obviously I got off on a L'engle kick there. I haven't read any of her work in years and those are all juvenile fiction so they were fast reads.  I still have a couple others of hers that I borrowed that I want to read pretty soon.

Also my Amazon wish list has over 50 books on it. My husband may make fun of me for that.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment