Thursday, September 11, 2014

By the Time I'm 30

A favorite blogger that I follow on Instagram (and her blog, of course) turned 30 a few weeks ago. And I suddenly realized how close to 30 I am. I'll be 28 in January and two years will fly by. 30 doesn't scare me at all; it seems rather exciting actually. I'm enjoying growing and learning and you couldn't pay me to go back to being younger. Getting older is where it's at...at least for most things. 


But I started thinking, "What do I want to have done with my life by the time I'm 30?" 

The year I turn 30, Micah will be 6, Kevin 4, and Caleb 2.

So what would I like to have accomplished? I started sorting through some ideas and came up with this list. It's not all-inclusive or in any certain order and some things are just assumed. (Note, for instance, there's not a marriage goal here; I do intend to still be married.)

-have steady blog readers; people who are learning and working just like me
-homeschooling actively (micah 1st grade, kevin k-4)
-have a cute wardrobe for daily life
-be able to play the piano competently for church if needed
-be more confident telling others about Jesus in daily life- proclaim Jesus; love Him supremely
-have a closer walk with God; that daily growing from spending time with Him and obeying what He tells me

Nothing "huge" by the world's standards. I don't want to be famous or well-known or rich. I don't want to be a speaker or an author or a famous blogger. What I would really like to be doing is the same thing I'm doing now just as a more mature person. A more mature by walking with Jesus for two more years person. 

To get there I just keep doing what I'm doing: my work that God gives me every single day. Keep on learning and keep on working.  It's very reassuring that I don't need to revamp everything I'm doing. The list is not impressive and neither is my current work . But I am fulfilling God's purposes for my life with my obedience. That is important. 

Have you considered what you would like to accomplish over the next two years? Of course your list may be totally different from mine. You may not be married. You may have a career or a home business. You may have six children or none. But where do you want to be then? And this sounds very self-focused but I don't intend for it to be. The reason I was even considering this is that I don't want to waste my life; I want to spend it for Jesus. 

Have you thought about where you want to be in a few years? About who you want to be? What you are doing today is shaping your future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment