Thursday, May 15, 2014

Just Do It

"I did not choose this. I was led into it by God. I'm not really more interested in children than I am in other people. But God gave me to understand that this is what He wanted me to do-- so I did it." Gladys Aylward

Now the first part doesn't really apply to me. But that last sentence? What powerful motivation. "But God gave me to understand that this is what He wanted me to do- so I did it."


photo courtesy of coward_lion/freedigitalphotos.net

That's what I want to be able to say at the end of my life: that I did what God wanted me to do. So how do I get there? Today I do what God wants me to do. And then tomorrow I do it again.  Because let's face it. The problem isn't usually that I don't know what God wants me to do; it's that I don't do it. 

Are you where God wants you to be? At home, at work, with your kids, husband, coworkers. Probably you are. I doubt people that are actively trying to not serve God are reading my blog. Unless they are making fun of it in which case- have fun.

So if you are where God wants you to be... do what He wants you to do. Just get in there with those willing hands (Pro. 31:13) and do it.

Don't wait to feel like it. Don't wait until it's exciting. Don't wait until somebody recognizes your work.

Just do it. (Sorry Nike.)

Wash the dishes. Change the diapers. Practice the music.

Do the homework. Go to class.

Fold the laundry. Cook dinner. Read the books.

File the papers. Attend the meetings. Serve the customers.

When you know what God wants you to do stop making excuses. Get in there and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment