Thursday, April 24, 2014

When I First Knew

Yes, I know. I've been remiss in posting the past few weeks. But I have a good reason: I've been napping. Doesn't sound like a good reason? Well, few things outweigh naps in the first trimester of pregnancy! We're going to have another baby! 

(Please forgive the horrid photo!)

I remember when I first knew that I wanted more kids (Micah was rather frightening; we debated not having more). It was about 2:00 am on Saturday, July 4th. Micah was two months old and we were heading home from a road trip to Cincinnati to have his g-tube replaced. As we were driving, trying to stay awake and reconcile this new version of life with what we knew, I realized that- in spite of all the problems with Micah- I still wanted to have more kids. Something about this motherhood thing still is unexplainable. 

So we did it again. Kevin is almost 20 months old and a wonderful piece of our family puzzle. 

And we are going to do it again. Sometime around the middle of November we will welcome a third baby in our arms. He/she already has a place in our hearts and a name once we know gender. (Yes, we will be finding out!)

So you'll have to excuse me if posting is slow. I have just as many ideas but I'm somewhat lacking in energy by the time the essentials are done. You know, food, preschool, laundry. That whole "we have to survive" bit. :) 


And please note, mamas, the above picture was taken at 10 1/2 weeks pregnant. You really do show faster each time. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I will pray for a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery! Such exciting news!

    Many Blessings,
    Sharon B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! I totally knew! When you kept "reposting from the archives", the thought seriously crossed my mind! So happy for you!! Praying for a smooth and healthy pregnancy! Can't wait to know pink or blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies! And I appreciate all the prayers!

    ReplyDelete