Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mothering Goals

I like simple. It's much less confusing and overwhelming that way. So here are my goals as a mother.

1. Love my kids. I pray every day for God's love for my children. I want them to always know that I love them. Even when they disobey. Even when I'm up at two in the morning with my two-year-old. (I have nightmares of this still happening when he's 10!) I want to make life fun for our family. And so much of that depends on my attitude! Did we just come back to this again? My children are priceless to me. They should know that.

2. Train my kids. I want to teach them the Bible, character, manners, habits, etc. This is why I like to have my kids with me; I can't teach them anything or train them in anything if they aren't around! I read a quote about parenting once that said, "You can't take anybody further than you've gone yourself."  How challenging is that? Mothering has been one of the best motivations to go to God for change for myself!


If I can focus on these two things every day, the rest will fall into place. I'm so glad I don't have to try to concentrate on every little detail. Focusing on these two goals will affect how I handle the everyday moments of life. And those everyday moments add up to a lifetime of memories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment