Monday, May 14, 2012

Chicken Stir-Fry

My mom made this when I was growing up. I have a funny suspicion that she still makes it! Thanks for teaching me how to cook, Mom!

Sauce:
2 spoons cornstarch (I seriously use a regular kitchen spoon to measure my sauce. If that makes you nervous, use a tablespoon instead.)
1 chicken bouillon cube
4 spoons soy sauce
2 spoons garlic terriyaki sauce
1 cup water

Stir-Fry:
Chopped veggies of your choice: I used mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, and squash. I've also used onion, zucchini, etc. Take your pick. You can also use a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies.
2 chicken breasts, cubed: If you use another meat, just change the bouillon cube. I've made this with steak and used a beef bouillon cube. 


Here are the ingredients for the sauce. Measure and combine.



Seriously. It's a kitchen spoon :)


My plate of pre-chopped veggies.


Saute veggies in oil over medium heat until tender. I cook mine one at a time. First carrots, then another, etc. Remove from pan into bowl. Start another veggie.


Cook sauce over medium-law until thick and bubbly. Turn down to low. If sauce gets too thick, add more water. Stir frequently.


After all the veggies are cooked, cook your meat.


Add veggies back to pan. Cook until warm.


Pour sauce over veggies and chicken. stir well.


Serve over rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment