Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thoughts on Sickness

Micah and I have been a little under the weather the past few days. I think it was a sinus/allergy issue. I could have quickly (at least more quickly) resolved mine with NyQuil and almost round the clock sleep. But Micah didn't seem up for around the clock sleep! :)  But God has a reason for everything and there were several things I thought on while I was sick.

1. I am so thankful for my health!! So many people struggle with chronic illnesses and fatigue issues. I am so blessed with good health most of the time even when I'm pregnant. It is a privilege to be able to manage my responsibilities and take care of what God has given me.

2. I have a wonderful husband! He has checked on me and taken care of me and picked up many of my responsibilities while I was sick. And smiled the whole time! He loves me and our boys very much!

3. I can Not-do all my scheduled work and the world will not fall apart. I know, a no-brainer, right? But I'm a list-maker and I love to check things off my list! But if it doesn't all get done the house does not explode. My husband does not get upset. And I don't think the little boy even notices. Probably a good thing to be learning!

While I was glad to think on those things, I'm even more glad to be feeling better! I'll probably take things half-pace today and hopefully be at it this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment