Thursday, October 16, 2014

My Non-Mom Resources

Obviously I'm a mom. I don't think you could have read here for long and missed that. We're weeks away from having our third boy and this mothering/wife/homemaking gig takes up most of my time and energy. But I don't spend all of my mental effort on it. I'm still growing as a person in other ways as well. 


Today I thought I would share a list of my non-mom resources. I read blogs about mothering and marriage and homemaking. I listen to podcasts about being a Christian woman and mother. But I also read blogs and listen to podcasts about business, leadership, writing, and networking. Here are some of my favorites (in no particular order). 

Jeff Goins   (blog and podcast)
Michael Hyatt    (blog and podcast)
Jon Acuff    
Influence Network   (blog and podcast and other resources)
Dave Ramsey  (specifically the Entreleadership podcast)
Zen Habits
How They Blog   (specifically the podcast)
Beyond the To Do List   (podcast)
Brilliant Business Moms   (podcast)

I find many of the ideas that I learn from these business leaders/entrepreneurs are actually applicable to my mothering and the way I approach my work now. I like the idea of "professional" motherhood in that I want to approach my work with the skill, excellence, intentionality, and enthusiasm of a leader.

The skills and habits we learn in one area of our lives always spill over into other areas. Learning keeps our minds sharp and our conversation interesting as well. I do like to be able to talk about things besides diapers on occasion.

Do you listen to podcasts? What are some of your favorites? 

No comments:

Post a Comment