Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chicken Delicious

Crock-Pot meals are amazing! I especially like them for Sunday lunches and Wednesday nights. It really streamlines the schedules. This is one my mom made while I was growing up. The only thing I did different was use bone-in chicken because that's what I had! (And yes, that name is really what my mom called it!)

4 (or more) bone-in chicken breasts, with skin
salt and pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
paprika
herb seasoning mix -you can see mine in the picture below
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup parmesan cheese



Place chicken in Crock-Pot and sprinkle liberally with seasonings.



There they are!



Stir together soups and pour over chicken. If you are out of one soup, use two of the other.



Sprinkle cheese over the top. Cook on low for 6 hours.



Yum! And this broth would be perfect to make some gravy. I may have to try that next time.



Serve over rice. Pour broth over top of chicken.



Since I used bone-in chicken, we discovered it was neater and easier to eat if you pulled the chicken off the bone before you served it. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment